GOALS AND OBJECTIVES of SOUTH JERSEY PARALEGAL ASSOCIATION
- to provide professional support to its members;
- to expand recognition of the paralegal profession;
- to offer continuing legal education and educational resources to its members;
- to facilitate improvements in paralegal education;
- to be actively involved in the events surrounding the development of paralegal regulation;
- to improve the cost-effective delivery of legal services; and
- to promote the paralegal image.
SJPA's membership primarily is composed of traditional paralegals who are either employed or retained by law firms, corporations, governmental entities, and financial institutions. Its members generally work or reside in Gloucester, Burlington, Camden, Cumberland, Atlantic and Ocean Counties in NJ. SJPA also has members from Northern parts of the state as well.
SJPA provides its members with continuing legal education, job bank services, professional development, pro bono activities and other valuable resources and information. Members are also provided information on the profession through bi-monthly dinner meetings and newsletters, and representation on the New Jersey State Bar Association Paralegal Committee. To learn more about us please read "What is SJPA?"